Monday 18 June 2012

HOW TO CATCH MONSTER STRIPED BASS

How to catch striped bass. by applying the fifteen minute rule.

Perhaps I am marking striped bass that are suspended in deep water, or possibly they are feeding down a length of beachfront. In any event, when striped bass are distributed over a substantial area, the 15 Minute Rule has proven itself as an effective tool for building a successful trolling pattern.

After marking even one striped bass I will then put lines in the water. I will commence trolling in a particular course, practically always parallel to the seashore.

By doing this I troll down the depth in which I marked that 1st striped bass.


In this way I troll along the depth at which I marked that 1st striped bass. In other words, I am hoping that there are many more bass cruising through the stretch of water in front of me. I'm in a way placing a bet that the one bass I marked on the sonar, is but one of hundreds of striped bass in the direct vicinity.

If I do hook a bass during the first 15 minutes, lure a bite, or mark more striped bass on the sonar, then my 15 minute time clock is reset. Previously, a normal circumstance I have experienced is finding an expanse of ocean, up to a mile in total, which has had striped bass along the complete length. The water to the east, west, north and south of this expanse of water frequently have no striped bass in it at all.

If I do hook a striped bass in the course of the first fifteen minutes, tempt a hit, or mark more striped bass on the sonar, then my fifteen min. time is reset to zero. During the past, a standard situation I've come across is discovering an expanse of water, up to a one mile in total, that has had striped bass along the whole stretch while the areas to the east, west, north and south of this stretch of water oftentimes contain no life at all.

The 15 minute rule allows me to identify the fish-filled stretch of ocean in the following way.

Let's say that throughout the previous half hour I've trolled a relatively straight course east through a 1/2 mile expanse of water catching striped bass the entire time. It's now been fifteen minutes since I have landed a striped bass, enticed a bite, and marked anything at all on my fish finder-indicating that I have come to the last part of the productive stretch of water.


The subsequent action is going to be to reel the lines in, and motor westward, back to where I began marking, and catching striped bass. I would retain a close eye on my fish-finder while driving, noticing any bass marks that may appear. Be sure to adjust the sensitivity level on your sonar to a degree that allows you to see clear marks while cruising at a moderate speed.

Surely there will be those instances when I fail to locate striped bass during the journey westward. And after driving up to a mile west of the initial spot where I first commenced observing striped bass, I will still fail to mark any life on the fish finder. In situations like this I would preclude that the schools of bass have transitioned either shallower or deeper.

Without doubt there will be those moments when I do not locate bass during the cruise westward and on motoring more than a mile west of the original area where I primarily started observing striped bass, I'll still fail to mark any fish on the sonar. In situations like this I would presume that the biomass of striped bass has swum either shallower or deeper. I'd then transition into shallower or deeper water and start a new search pattern.

Without a doubt knowing how to find bass with consistency is the initial step to understanding how to catch striped bass.

OSCAR FISH CARE
ERICA CAN DO YOUR TAXES FOR YOU

       

No comments:

Post a Comment